Community Construction Manager/ Superintendent South Austin/San Marcos/Dripping Springs
Buffington Homes, a growing Austin based homebuilder is seeking a Community Construction Manager/Superintendent to join our team.
This role will work in the East/Southeast Austin area in our various communities. Work will mostly be in San Marcos and Dripping Springs.
We are looking for a strong team player to oversee the construction of homes from start to completion, maintain any construction related needs in the subdivision and completed homes, and complete any warranty related items on closed homes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Thoroughly review all paperwork, plans, etc. upon receipt of the home’s Start Package.
* Conduct a Pre-Construction Meeting with the buyers and / or Community Sales Manager .
* Conduct a Pre-Sheetrock Meeting with the buyers at frame stage using the Pre-Sheetrock meeting form.
* Conduct a Buyer Orientation and Re-walk with the buyer prior to closing .
* Maintain a house file at the Construction Office which includes all relevant paperwork for the home. In addition, a plan and contract should be kept with you at all times for reference on the jobsite.
* Schedule all jobs, activities, and inspections necessary to complete the home according to the timeframe set forth by the relevant Buffington Homes Construction Schedule.
* Walk jobs daily to ensure vendors and subcontractors are meeting deadlines for scheduled activities, and completing them to Buffington Homes quality standards.
* Enforce both OSHA and Buffington Homes guidelines regarding safety and jobsite cleanliness.
* Maintain all erosion control as necessary and required by the TCEQ and the governing municipality.
* Maintain Sold and For Sale Signs on all lots under construction.
* Place a driveway barricade on all driveways immediately following the driveway pour.
* Schedule all regular maintenance activities on completed spec homes, such as interior cleaning and exterior mowing, as needed.
* Send out a weekly e-mail to all of your Community Sales Managers to communicate any needs they may have on the homes or in the subdivision, in order to address all before the upcoming weekend.
* Send out a weekly e-mail, updating the activities scheduled for the next week on each home, noting which subdivision it is in and the buyer’s name if applicable.
* Maintain an open line of communication with your buyer’s. Communicate with them directly as needed.
* Approve all completed auto pay jobs on Builder MT. All other invoices are to be approved in the main office at the construction team meeting. Verify that all jobs approved for payment are complete, and the appropriate vendor is being paid.
* Ensure budgets are followed to the best of your ability.
* Assist in notifying the main office of any issues regarding material takeoffs.
* Contact homeowners within 48 Hours of receipt of a Warranty request. Construction Managers are responsible for all warranty requests in their subdivisions, unless a Customer Service Representative is assigned to their subdivision. If there is a Customer Service Representative assigned to the subdivision, only requests received within 30 days of the home’s closing are the responsibility of the Construction manager.
* Assist the Customer Service Representative as needed for any warranty requests in your subdivisions.
****In order for your resume to be considered, the subject line of your email must read Community Construction Manager/Superintendent . Resume submissions without this subject line format will not be considered. Please include a cover letter in the body of your e-mail speaking to your previous experience in a Construction Manager/Superintendent role. Submissions without a cover letter will not be considered. ***
Pay range is $45,000-$60,000, depending on experience, plus phone and gas allowance and quarterly bonuses.
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY
Company benefits include competitive pay, paid time off, health benefits and 401K. Please submit resume for consideration.
* Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
* do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
Remote interview process
Personal protective equipment provided or required
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place