THE IDEAL APPLICANT will have directly related experience in the duties listed above. Someone with experience as a Purchasing Agent or Purchasing Assistant for a new home builder would be ideal. Skills will include exceptional attention to detail and follow up skills, strong data entry and computer skills, ability to prioritize, organize, research and solve problems, be a fast learner, must adapt to change rapidly, must have the ability to take direction and be highly dependable, Above all must be a person that is professional and wants to do an outstanding job.
The Purchasing Agent creates budgets for review for new home releases assigned and issues purchase orders. Serves as the company’s point of contact with vendors regarding purchase order inquiries. Provides general support to the field construction managers in regards to purchasing.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Creates budgets for new home starts and issues purchase orders.
• Reviews base plan budgets and makes corrections as needed.
• Understands the materials used in home construction and can do take offs as needed.
• Assists in making changes to the purchasing database and maintaining the accuracy of the database.
• Processes all invoices for extra work and materials (variances), validating with construction managers and acquiring required approvals. Issues Variance Purchase Orders and approves payment.
• Researches and resolves vendor invoice or purchase order issues. Communicates with vendors in a timely manner regarding their concerns and escalates issues as necessary to the VP of Purchasing.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following.
• Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Displays commitment to excellence. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Monitors own work to ensure quality. Applies feedback to improve performance.
• Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
• Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates ability to present information in a group setting and participates in meetings.
• Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets personal goals and objectives.
• Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
• Problem Solving – Develops alternative solutions. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Identifies problems in a timely manner. Resolves problems in early stages. Works well in group problem solving situations.
• Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities. Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views. Gives and welcomes feedback. Puts success of team above own interests.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Write routine reports and correspondence. Speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office and other general office computer skills. Prior experience with Sage/Timberline and Builder MT highly preferred.
Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Local candidates only.
Company benefits include competitive pay, paid time off, health benefits and 401K. Please submit resume for consideration.
******* Note that in order for your resume to be considered, the subject line of your email must read Purchasing Agent- BHG. Resume submissions without this subject line format will not be considered. Please include a cover letter in the body of your e-mail speaking to your previous experience in a purchasing role.