Community Construction Manager/Superintendent – North Austin (North Austin)
Growing Austin based homebuilder is seeking a Community Construction Manager/Superintendent to join our team.
This role will work in the North Austin area.
We are looking for a strong team player to oversee the construction of homes from start to completion, maintain any construction related needs in the subdivision and completed homes, and complete any warranty related items on closed homes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- * Thoroughly review all paperwork, plans, etc. upon receipt of the home’s Start Package. A Contract Cover Sheet should be created to consolidate all information and verify everything is correct to begin construction of the home.
- * Conduct a Pre-Construction Meeting with the buyers if the home is a TBB, with the Community Sales Manager if the home is a spec. The appropriate Pre-Construction Meeting form is to be filled out and signed following the meeting.
- * Conduct a Pre-Sheetrock Meeting with the buyers at frame stage using the Pre-Sheetrock meeting form.
- * Conduct a Buyer Orientation and Re-walk with the buyer prior to closing using the Buffington Homes Buyer Orientation/Walk-Through Form. It is preferred that the Buyer Orientation is conducted 7 business days prior to closing, and the Re-walk conducted 2 business days prior to closing. The Buyer Orientation/Walk-Through Form must be completely initialed and signed prior to closing.
- * Maintain a house file at the Construction Office which includes all relevant paperwork for the home. In addition, a plan and contract should be kept with you at all times for reference on the jobsite.
- * Schedule all jobs, activities, and inspections necessary to complete the home according to the timeframe set forth by the relevant Buffington Homes Construction Schedule.
- * Walk jobs daily to ensure vendors and subcontractors are meeting deadlines for scheduled activities, and completing them to Buffington Homes quality standards.
- * Enforce both OSHA and Buffington Homes guidelines regarding safety and jobsite cleanliness. Violations are to be documented, and enforcement is to be done through monetary back charges or discontinued employment opportunities. A trash box is to be present at all times to help maintain jobsite cleanliness.
- * Maintain all erosion control as necessary and required by the TCEQ and the governing municipality.
- * Maintain Sold and For Sale Signs on all lots under construction. Sold signs are to be removed and taken to the Sales Office on the day of closing. Any trades found to be damaging signs are to be back charged.
- * Place a driveway barricade on all driveways immediately following the driveway pour. Barricades are to be painted black, kept in good condition, and taken to another job or to the construction office upon the closing of the home.
- * Schedule all regular maintenance activities on completed spec homes, such as interior cleaning and exterior mowing, as needed. The Community Sales Manager is responsible for notifying the construction manager of any maintenance items needed on a completed spec home or the model home.
- * Send out a weekly e-mail on Monday to all of your Community Sales Managers to communicate any needs they may have on the homes or in the subdivision, in order to address all before the upcoming weekend.
- * Send out a weekly e-mail on Thursday, updating the activities scheduled for the next week on each home, noting which subdivision it is in and the buyer’s name if applicable. This will enable the Community Sales Manager to update their buyers on the home’s status weekly.
- * Maintain an open line of communication with your buyer’s. Communicate with them directly as needed.
- * Approve all completed auto pay jobs on Builder MT prior to 10:00 am on Wednesday morning. All other invoices are to be approved in the main office at the Wednesday construction meeting. Verify that all jobs approved for payment are complete, and the appropriate vendor is being paid.
- * Ensure budgets are followed to the best of your ability. Only order materials or services using the Variance Purchase Order Log as needed. Notify the Area Construction Manager if there is a budgeting/purchase order issue.
- * Assist in notifying the main office of any issues regarding material takeoffs. The Material Adjustment/Takeoff Form is to be filled out as needed and turned in to the Director of Construction in order for the correction to be made.
- * Contact homeowners within 48 Hours of receipt of a Warranty request. Construction Managers are responsible for all warranty requests in their subdivisions, unless a Customer Service Representative is assigned to their subdivision. If there is a Customer Service Representative assigned to the subdivision, only requests received within 30 days of the home’s closing are the responsibility of the Construction manager.
- * Assist the Customer Service Representative as needed for any warranty requests in your subdivisions.
****In order for your resume to be considered, the subject line of your email must read Community Construction Manager/Superintendent . Resume submissions without this subject line format will not be considered. Please include a cover letter in the body of your e-mail speaking to your previous experience in a Construction Manager/Superintendent role. Submissions without a cover letter will not be considered***
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY
Company benefits include competitive pay, health benefits and 401K. Please submit resume for consideration.
* Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
* do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers