6 Reasons to Love San Marcos
November 27, 2018 10:57 pm
New homes in San Marcos TX are attracting buyers for all the right reasons. San Marcos is a hip college town in the beautiful Texas Hill Country just south of Austin. Thanks in part to its vibrant arts and music community, Thrillist.com calls it “The Coolest Small Town in Texas.”
Here are six things that make San Marcos a great place to live:
- It embodies the best of what people love about Austin, without the drawbacks of big-city life. San Marcos has a hippie, artsy vibe that includes live music, fun festivals and plenty of good food–all without the high prices and traffic congestion that are making Austin less accessible.
- It’s great for outdoor lovers. San Marcos is blessed with sunny weather and a clean river that draws kayakers, fishermen and tubers in the summer. The annual Float Fest attracts 20,000 people for a weekend of music, partying and floating on the San Marcos River.
- The scenery is beautiful. The surrounding countryside is filled with the hills, wildflowers and trees that make the Hill Country famous. Expansive ranches add the Old West feel that only Texas can provide.
- It’s affordable. Even though it’s just 30 miles from Austin, San Marcos boasts much more affordable housing prices. That makes it especially attractive for families, young professionals, entrepreneurs, artists and musicians.
- It’s good for business. The tax structure favors economic development, so small entrepreneurs and large corporations alike thrive here. Companies such as Best Buy and Amazon have a significant presence in San Marcos.
- It’s home to Texas State University. The university’s acclaimed fine arts program attracts creative people who contribute to the town’s artistic but unpretentious atmosphere.
Buffington Homes has two new home communities in San Marcos. The Trace community features high quality, affordable new homes from the $210’s. Located halfway between Austin and San Antonio, Trace offers an amenity center featuring a resort-style pool, picnic area and splash pad. Trace is close to Texas State University and will include a brand new elementary school in 2019.
Blanco Vista is a master planned community of spacious new homes starting in the $250’s. Outdoor amenities abound in and around Blanco Vista. The community has its own recreational amenities in addition to nearby parks, sports fields and the Blanco River. Residents will have easy access to fishing, canoeing, swimming, sports, hiking, biking and more.
Call Buffington Homes today at 512-856-5664 to learn more about our new homes in San Marcos TX.Tags: homebuilder in san marcos tx, new homes san marcos tx
This post was written by Buffington Homes