Growing Austin based homebuilder is seeking a Assistant Controller to join our team in our corporate office!
THE IDEAL APPLICANT will have directly related experience in the duties listed above. Someone with experience as a Assistant Controller for a home builder or construction company would be ideal. Skills will include exceptional attention to detail and follow up skills, strong data entry and computer skills, ability to prioritize, organize, research and solve problems, be a fast learner, must adapt to change rapidly, must have the ability to take direction and be highly dependable, Above all must be a person that is professional and wants to do an outstanding job.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Prepare financial statements for review and distribution to all executive officers and investors
• Responsible for year end external review
• Reconciles general ledger accounts against supporting third party and internal documents
• Provides cash flow analysis and reconciles cash on major transaction accounts daily
• Margin analysis of all current and closed inventory and the ability to understand and communicate trends in this data to the management team
• Analysis of job costs, budgets, variances, and the reporting of this data to management team
• Analysis of Key Metrics and the reporting of this data to management team
• Develops ongoing reconciliation processes to increase closing time efficiency and provide clarity and accuracy to the financial statements
• Management of the Staff Accountants and any accounting interns
• Responsible for Construction Draw Process and communicating with and maintaining working relationships with external lenders
• Prepares community specific pro-formas to ensure proper pricing of both spec and custom homes
• Reconcile all cash accounts at end of month
• Books all Land and Homebuilding HUD-1's
• Books all amortization and depreciation entries at month end
• Excellent skills in Excel and Sage 300 CRE required for this position
Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree (B.A) in accounting or equivalent of 4-6 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Ability: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedure, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram from and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Computer Skills: Must have the skills necessary to work with Sage 300 CRE or some other form of SQL database software. Must have expert level Excel skills in producing macros and pivot tables.
The above job description is no intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
****In order for your resume to be considered, the subject line of your email must read Assistant Controller- BHG". Resume submissions without this subject line format will not be considered. Please include a cover letter indicating why your skills and background are the best fit for this role.***
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY
Company benefits include competitive pay, health benefits and 401K. Please submit resume for consideration.